In 1997 Talaad Thai was developed with a vision of building the largest wholesale market in ASEAN for the trade of agricultural goods.
Today the Talaad Thai market occupies 1 million square metres of land on Phaholyothin Road, 45 kilometres North of Bangkok. The market is the central point for the trade of Thai and imported fruit and is a vital market for vegetable farmers. Product is received from and dispatched to countries all over the world each day. Talaad Thai has become a vital part of the supply chain for Thai agricultural products and has achieved the founders vision of becoming the largest wholesale market for agricultural products in the ASEAN region.
- Market area – 1 million square metes
- Shop houses inside the market – 998
- Traders inside Talaad Thai – 3,500
- Daily traffic through the market – 25,000 vehicles
- People on site each day – 100,000
- Farmers reliant on Talaad Thai – 200,000 – 250,000
- Product throughput – approximately 10,000 MT per day
- Annual market turnover – US$6 billion